ADDRESSING THE COVID 19 (CORONAVIRUS) FOR ELMIRA HEIGHTS VILLAGE RESIDENTS
Personal Conduct – The current advice from the CDC and the NYS Department of Health is as follows:
- Individuals should frequently wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, individuals should use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Individuals should avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Individuals should avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Individuals should stay home when they are sick.
- Individuals should cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Touched objects and surfaces should be frequently cleaned and disinfected
Take the important steps included above
Gather and update home preparedness kits. This kit would ideally contain a thermometer, decongestants, anti-inflammatory drugs acetaminophen for fevers.
Stay calm, be concerned, proactive and be positive.
The CDC does not recommend the use of face masks or N95 respirators among general public. We need to preserve the use of masks and other personal protective equipment for health care workers and individuals who may be ill.
Starting immediately, the EHJD will no longer hold weekly courts until further notice. Letters will be sent out for the re-scheduling of any court dates. The Village clerk will NOT be accepting payments on fines, you will be contacted by the court with instruction.
As of this date: The Mayor and the Village Department heads have been continually meeting to keep up with the daily developments on this virus. please be assured that as of now, all Village services are still available for our residents.
We know that medical disinformation and hateful, hurtful rumors are circulating on the internet. New York residents can access accurate, reliable and up-to-date information on the Department of Health’s website:
New York residents can also call the Department of Health’s hotline at 1-888-364-3065